All India Dravidian Progressive Federation, Tamil All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), Regional political party of India, principally in Tamil Nadu state. It is currently in power in Tamil Nadu and is the third largest party in the Indian Parliament. It is a Dravidian party and was founded by M. G. Ramachandran (popularly known as MGR) on 17 October 1972 as a breakaway faction of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK).Since 1969, DMK has been headed by Karunanidhi, who has served as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu several times. DMK holds the distinction of being the first party other than the Indian National Congress to win state-level elections with a clear majority on its own in any state in India.
South Indian Liberal Federation (Justice Party) formed by P. Thyagaraya Chetty, Dr. P.T. Rajan, Dr. C. Natesa Mudaliar and a few others. Its objectives included social equality and justice.A large number of AIADMK cadres, including women, anxiously stayed put outside the hospital, which has been covered in a thick blanket of security. Worried party supporters continued to pray for her recovery.The AIADMK’s strength and success in its initial years were built on the enormous popularity of MGR. This farsighted move is expected to further speed up enrolments into her party, which now claims to have over 1.5 crore members.
Major political and administrative differences started widening the gulf between Karunanidhi and MGR. Within a very short time span, MGR formed his own political party under the name AIADMK. With his calibre and aura, the people of Tamil Nadu increasingly aligned with MGR, popularly referred as Puratchi Thalaivar (Revolutionary Leader). AIADMK wins Parliament Elections(1977) in 18 constituencies. AIADMK wins Assembly elections in 127 constituencies and forms the government in Tamil Nadu. Puratchi Thalaivar MGR becomes the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) announced its election manifesto with a lot of freebies to attract the voters, the opposition All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) doesn't want to lag behind and so the party secretary J Jayalaitha has come up with a lot of attractive plans in its election manifesto.
* Free mixies, grinders (DMK offered either of the two) and fan to all the women in the state
* 20 kg of free rice at Rs.1 and 20 litres of water daily to the families living below the poverty line.
* Three phase power connection across the state within 4 years.
* Free laptops to all higher secondary school students and college students (DMK promised laptops for first year students of ST/SC and MBC alone)
* 4 sets of school uniforms along with chappals to government schools
* Free houses of 300 sq ft each to three lakh BPL families
* Senior citizens aged above 58 years to get free bus pass and shelters
* Special protection force for fishermen and loan assistance of Rs 4000 during the four lean months
* Women to get Rs 25000 as marriage assistance, with 4 gram of gold and Rs 12000 as maternity benefits.
* Free cable TV connections to all.
The Election Symbol of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam is "two leaves". This symbol has a prominent history. When MGR died in 1987 and the major clash over taking-over the AIADMK began between Janaki Ramachandran and Jayalalithaa, the Election Commission of India refused to recognize both these factions of the AIADMK as a true successor of MGR. As a result, separate electoral symbols were assigned to both these groups. The Janaki Ramachandran faction was allotted the symbol of "two doves" and the Jayalalithaa faction was allotted the symbol of "crowing cock".
Official Website of AIADMK - http://aiadmk.com
Head-Office Address of AIADMK - #226, Avvai Shanmugam Salai, Royapettah, Chennai - 600014, Tamil Nadu, India.
Contact Numbers: 044 - 28130787, 044 - 28132266
Fax: 044 – 2813510
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org